Once you’ve separated all of the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups from your kids’ stash (you know, for your own personal supply), you can feel good about either of these candy options:
THE 3rd ANNUAL GREAT HALLOWEEN CANDY BUY BACK!
Money for You – Candy for the Troops!
Pediatric Dental Care and Happy Valley Orthodontics are putting their money where their mouth is. Why? Because they know the damaging effects of too much candy on children’s teeth. The doctors see first hand the ravages of cavities leading to toothaches and expense. So this Halloween they
hope kids in the State College area will pick out their favorite snacks and turn the rest of the candy in for a nice cash prize. In addition the children will receive a new toothbrush, a goody bag (limit one per child) and be entered to win one of 3 Walmart giftcard baskets. All of the candy collected will be shipped to our troops overseas through Operation Gratitude.
How to Participate:
- November 1st, bring your child/children, with the unopened candy you want to donate to Pediatric Dental Care & Happy Valley Orthodontics at 1019 Ghaner Rd., Port Matilda between the hours of 3:30 pm – 6 pm.
- We will weigh the candy and pay your child $1 per pound of candy.
- Your child will receive a free toothbrush and goody bag.
- Your child will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win one of 3Walmart giftcard baskets.
- If you have any questions, or need directions, contact us.
(Blowing air bubbles into an experiment.)
Every year, we have a blast doing candy experiments with leftover candy. I found all of the ideas at Candy Experiments and typed out my own lab sheets. The girls were introduced to the words, “hypothesis,” “results,” and “control”, as well as the concept of conducting orderly experiments with only one variable.
Sink or Float?
Does my candy have acid in it?
For the Sink/Float and the Acid experiments, I gave each student four tape-donuts. She taped the wrapper to the paper and recorded her results with a pencil.
The sweetest news? I compiled the experiments and the lab sheets into a pdf just for YOU. Get your ideas from the official Candy Experimentssite and then download my Candy Experiments worksheet for some educational fun!
Enjoy your home,